Saturday, March 17, 2018

The Librarian Makes House Calls

From a Preschooler's Perspective


A preschooler was taking my order in the preschool "restaurant". First she asked what I wanted to eat and I told her a sandwich, so she wrote an "S". Then she asked what I wanted to drink and I told her some milk, so she wrote an "M". Finally she asked what I wanted for dessert and I told her a cookie, so she wrote a "K". Then I noticed that she was drawing a picture of a person on her pad. When I asked her who it was, she told me, "It's you Mr. Rob, so I will remember who made the order!"



The Librarian Makes House Calls


Have I mentioned what a great relationship we have with Samantha Hickman and the Fairlee Public Library? I believe I have, but I don't think that I have mentioned that Mrs. Samantha actually makes "house calls" to the preschool!

In the snowy weather we are not able to take walking trips down the road to the library. So this year Mrs. Samantha has been taking her show on the road and visiting us right in our classroom. Every couple of weeks she has been coming by with great books to read out loud and all of the materials needed to do crafts and activities with the preschoolers. Now that's what I would call a full service librarian!

Thanks so much Mrs. Samantha for all that you do for the Samuel Morey Preschool. How fortunate we are to have you as our local public librarian!

Mrs. Samantha and Preschoolers During Some Recent Visits to Our Classroom